Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down home folks who have a passion to grow their own food!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Help us become a successful garden community ~ SHARE our Forum Address ~ Invite Your Garden Friends~ THANK YOU!

Companion planting your veggie garden

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Onetiggerroo
Admin
Onetiggerroo

Companion planting your veggie garden Empty
PostSubject: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

I have used this and it really does work!

Be prepared to print out and put it in a 3 ring binder or notebook. It helped me produce more than enough veggies!

Free Garden Planting Info Kit
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com
Katydid

Katydid

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm

That's just too neat......thanks.

Just got my copy and saved to print later.

I had some bugs on my beans last year and I planted Rosemary all around and it seemed to do the trick. I had lots of beans..... bounce
Back to top Go down
Onetiggerroo
Admin
Onetiggerroo

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Glad that you liked it. There is nothing like companion planting to make your garden yield more. The Native Americans planted three sisters together. The three sisters are Beans, Corn and Squash.
Back to top Go down
Katydid

Katydid

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 am

I would love to grow corn, but not practical in raised beds that have to be fenced in..... lol!

Don't know if I'm doing any squashes this year either.....maybe just a few zucchini, as we're not big squash eaters.

My dad used to plant seeds with a ruler.....even his daffs were regimented. I think he would be horrified to companion plant as there was a veg garden and flower beds and they never mingled......ever.
Back to top Go down
Onetiggerroo
Admin
Onetiggerroo

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm

lol! I can understand not planting corn, because of the deer problem that you have. Laughing about your dad and the ruler, and no companion planting for him. We usually plant zucchini and yellow squash, and absolutely love them both. I have a great recipe for squash dressing! And several squash casseroles, that most non squash eaters, will devour, because they don't know the squash is in there. Love making zucchini bread too.
Back to top Go down
Katydid

Katydid

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I think I might try growing something with the zucchini....maybe a winter kind of squash.

Oh my....you have recipes for squash that doesn't taste like squash....can you pass them along because hubby loves squash and I realllllllllly dislike it and I know he would love to eat it more often. bounce

I used to freeze it for bread like a do whole bananas, and if my crop this year is good I just might do that again.
Back to top Go down
Onetiggerroo
Admin
Onetiggerroo

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 pm

I'll have to get them to you sometime in the future. All my recipe books are packed and in storage, as we are in the process of moving. I'll try to remember to get them to you, when we get settled again. I did come across this one which is very similar to the Squash Dressing I make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! The only difference I see, is adding bell pepper, which is not in my recipe.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cornbread-n-squash-dressing-10000001851525/

Cornbread 'n' Squash Dressing
Back to top Go down
Garden Novice
Admin
Garden Novice

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm

We are doing that this year for the first time. A fellow youtube gardener sent me some Hastings Prolific Corn, which is an old heirloom corn, that you have to know someone, who knows someone, to get some seed. He was kind enough to send me some. We are going to plow up a large part of the field and companion plant it with purple hull peas, and I was going to do green beans too.
I am praying that those dang leaf miner bugs are not here this year, as they will kill most everything. We really want to get that corn in crop again. If we are successful with the corn, that's when we will begin to can it, and grind our own meal. I don't want to eat anymore store bought corn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.awtj.org
Garden Novice
Admin
Garden Novice

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Companion planting your veggie garden 69201_428282083929351_497142534_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.awtj.org
Katydid

Katydid

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Onetiggerroo wrote:
I'll have to get them to you sometime in the future. All my recipe books are packed and in storage, as we are in the process of moving. I'll try to remember to get them to you, when we get settled again. I did come across this one which is very similar to the Squash Dressing I make. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! The only difference I see, is adding bell pepper, which is not in my recipe.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cornbread-n-squash-dressing-10000001851525/

Cornbread 'n' Squash Dressing

Thanks very much......I'll have to try this and see if I can sneak the cornbread passed hubby....he dislikes it as much as I do squash..... lol!

Might have to plant some beets in with my potatoes, something that doesn't need to be picked regularly like beans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Companion planting your veggie garden   Companion planting your veggie garden Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1