Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down home folks who have a passion to grow their own food!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Help us become a successful garden community ~ SHARE our Forum Address ~ Invite Your Garden Friends~ THANK YOU!

Garden Novice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garden Novice
Admin
Garden Novice

Garden Novice Empty
PostSubject: Garden Novice   Garden Novice EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Hello! I just recently designed and built this garden forum in hopes seasoned gardener's, and new gardener's, can help one another with garden issues, not only that but to share successes and failures along the way in their gardens.

I am also an Independent Christian Author and my website is www.awtj.org. Though this forum is for gardener's and their sharing...

Writing is my number one passion, and gardening a very tight second. One keeps me behind a desk while the other gets me outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Well, I live in Texas so, our weather changes daily, LOL!

But anyway, I hope that we can build a talkative and successful garden community....

My youtube channel is under the username: Garden Novice and my most recent garden video is:

I hope you enjoy the place.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.awtj.org
crhinehart

Garden Novice Empty
PostSubject: learning what works for me in 7b   Garden Novice EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 am

Hi there. My name is Crystal and I live in North Georgia (7b). This is only my 2nd year growing a garden. I am intersted in a more sustainable way of life and gardening is my heart's song. (why it took me 31 years to discovr this I do not know)

While at work today I was thinking, "I wonder why they call it getting back to the simple way of life" because it's not simple. In fact, it's really hard. Walking into the grocery store and picking up eggs, that's simple, raising chickens when you know nothing about chickens, that's hard.
Walking in the grocery store and picking up some veggies, that's simple.

Planting a garden when you have no idea what you're doing and you have a million thoughts roaring in your head... trying to remember what goes where and when and what to do if XXXX happens... this is not simple. This is difficult.

Thankfully, I am stubborn from birth and do not give up so I have that in my favor. I guess I like to think of it as getting back to a more "organic" way of living. Not in the non chemical use of the word but in the sustainable/cyclical use.

Anyway, that's me just learning what works in zone 7b
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Garden Novice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Novice   Garden Novice EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 pm

crhinehart wrote:
Hi there. My name is Crystal and I live in North Georgia (7b). This is only my 2nd year growing a garden. I am intersted in a more sustainable way of life and gardening is my heart's song. (why it took me 31 years to discovr this I do not know)

While at work today I was thinking, "I wonder why they call it getting back to the simple way of life" because it's not simple. In fact, it's really hard. Walking into the grocery store and picking up eggs, that's simple, raising chickens when you know nothing about chickens, that's hard.
Walking in the grocery store and picking up some veggies, that's simple.

Planting a garden when you have no idea what you're doing and you have a million thoughts roaring in your head... trying to remember what goes where and when and what to do if XXXX happens... this is not simple. This is difficult.

Thankfully, I am stubborn from birth and do not give up so I have that in my favor. I guess I like to think of it as getting back to a more "organic" way of living. Not in the non chemical use of the word but in the sustainable/cyclical use.

Anyway, that's me just learning what works in zone 7b
This is also my second year to grow a garden as well. I had no idea what I was doing last year. I watched a ton of youtube video's in 2011, and by the end of that year, we started. I lost so many plants, leaf miner bugs ate more tomatoes than I did, LOL! But it was rather enjoyable, just frustrating at times.

Webcajun, growingyourgreens, Praxxus55712, mhpgardener and a few others are my favorite to watch to learn things.

Welcome to the forum and though we are new, it takes awhile to build a group that loves to participate and talk about their gardens.

GardenNovice
Back to top Go down
https://digthedirt.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Garden Novice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden Novice   Garden Novice Empty

Back to top Go down

Garden Novice
Page 1 of 1