Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Join Today, It's Free!
Dig The Dirt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down home folks who have a passion to grow their own food!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Help us become a successful garden community ~ SHARE our Forum Address ~ Invite Your Garden Friends~ THANK YOU!

Collecting Rain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
laurelleaf

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:00 pm

bounce There is so much good to come from getting your own water. And just as many collection systems to do it with. I love the ways that Ive learned about. My daughter and I played one day with the idea just to see how much we could get from one rain day. We pulled out all our boal, buckets, pans, will just about everything we had...want watched as we ran out of stuff to hold that flood we got. We live by the ocean here, its get pretty hot. We we see hardly anyone doing this. We will be moving soon, a new house, hoping it will be one we can do this with. If so, I plan to make post and or videos all about collection systems and what one I go with.

Back to top Go down
Garden Novice
Admin
Garden Novice

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Rain water does your plants so much good. Good evidence of this how green your plants are a few days after rain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.awtj.org
Onetiggerroo
Admin
Onetiggerroo

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Great idea! I know what you mean about moving though...we are too. But looking forward o catching rainwater in barrels. My grandmother always washed her hair in rainwater. She swore it is why her hair never turned grey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordismyshepherd.forumsmotion.com
Garden Novice
Admin
Garden Novice

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Maybe we ought' to bottle that stuff, if we can keep our hair from going grey.... Laughing

There's a guy around the corner who has those 250 gallon tanks for sale. They are great for collecting rain water, I just haven't gone to see how much he wants for one. I plan too, but just haven't had the time to stop. Even if I could fill it with my tap water, it would sit long enough for all the flouride and other chemicals they feed us, to burn off.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.awtj.org
Katydid

Katydid

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Hubby and I were talking about this just the other day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collecting Rain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Rain   Collecting Rain Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecting Rain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dig The Dirt :: Self Sufficiency Discussion :: Rain Water Collection-
Jump to: